Wednesday, December 19, 2012

And Snow It Did!

Heya frugies,

Exciting day! Joe Fresh shared my holiday nails on Twitter and Instagram! This is a truly exciting development for little ol' me as I do not assume any endorsed affiliation with the brands mentioned here on my blog. To be recognized by a leading, Canadian, fashion brand like Joe Fresh for my creativity is really an honour.

As Murphy's Law would dictate, as soon as I post that Vancouver doesn't usually get snow until January, a cold front blew in and we were blanketed by a few centimetres of snow. What does one do when one is handed snow? Make snowmen, of course (LOL)!


I used two coats of e.l.f. polish in Teal Blue as the base colour; a teal that has more of a green undertone than blue. Then, using Konad special polish in White and Bundle Monster image plate BM318, I stamped on one snowman per nail. To fill in the blank space on my thumb, I used the small snowflake design on BM319.

Normally I'm not one for cartoonish designs but I think this one turned out very cute! What do you think? Share with me your thoughts on your favourite nail stamping designs in the comments below.

Thanks for stopping by,
yvrfrugalista

No comments:

Post a Comment