Saturday, November 24, 2012

Gangnam Style Nails

Heeeeeey sexy frugies,

Today's manicure is inspired by no other than the Korean hit song that has swept the continent. Of course, I'm talking about Gangnam Style. Psy's "dress classy, dance cheesy" and vibrantly fun tuxedos inspired these nails:


Starting from pinky to index finger:
  • 4 coats of Joe Fresh polish in Lime Juice
  • 3 coats of Joe Fresh polish in Crush
  • 3 coats of Joe Fresh polish in Wave
  • 3 coats of Joe Fresh polish in Canary
Then each nail was adorned with:
  • V-shaped tuxedo shirt in Kiss polish in White
  • Bow tie shape stamped on using image plate QA5 and Konad special polish in Black
  • Seche Vite quick drying top coat (my favourite!)
I won't lie. Although this design is simple in concept, its execution proved otherwise. I had the worst luck masking off the V-shape tuxedo shirt as both clear and low-tack painter's tape would peel off what I thought to be dried polish. A lot of touching-up by freehand was required.

So, was I successful in capturing the Gangnam style? Do you have a Gangnam Style-inspired manicure? Would you attempt one? Let me know!

Thanks for stopping by,
yvrfrugalista

No comments:

Post a Comment