Thursday, November 1, 2012

Movember Man-icure

Heya frugies,

Every year, my friends including my brother-in-law grow a 'stache as part of Movember, a nobel effort to raise funds and awareness for prostate cancer and men's health initiatives. Since I've started nail stamping a month or so ago, I thought it would be cute and neat to do a Movember-inspired man-icure of my own.


With two coats of Joe Fresh polish in Wave serving as my base colour, I then alternated stripes and polka dots from image plate QA3 using Konad special polish in White, then crowned each nail with a "mo" using image plate QA28 and Konad special polish in Black. Plate QA28 actually offers a few different moustache shapes, each in 2 sizes. Since I prefer a uniform look, I only went with this one style of 'stache. Not only is this nail design fun and raises awareness for "down thereness," but it gets tons of compliments too! If you're wondering, I bought my QA plates here.

Had you been looking for a moustache nail image plate? Did you stamp your nails with moustaches for Movember or just because? Leave me your comments below!

Thanks for stopping by,
yvrfrugalista

No comments:

Post a Comment