Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sex and the City Nails

Heya frugies,

You can say I was feeling nostalgic when I came up with the idea to do these Sex and the City-inspired nails. Not since Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda stiletto-strutted themselves onto the small screen (then the big screen) have we seen such a dynamic and captivating quartet of women with such long-lasting appeal. This is my homage to Sex and the City:


Three coats of Joe Fresh polish in Starry served as my base colour (see note below). I then used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polish in Racey Rouge and Bundle Monster BM316 to stamp on the inverted haphazard line design. This look was then topped off with my favourite top coat by Seche Vite (see note below).

Note: Joe Fresh polish in Starry is made up of clear polish with tiny flecks of silver glitter — it's really gorgeous. Because of its consistency, the glitter has a tendency to be concentrated on the tip of the brush; thus if you paint your nails from base to tip, you'll find that it will naturally create a gradient effect. I found that the formula is very forgiving and I easily went back for subsequent coats to fill in the sparse spots, no problem.

Note: I'm running low on my little sample bottle of Seche Vite! I literally had to tilt the bottle in between each stroke and use the brush to scoop the product out. I grew concerned that my top coat would be streaky and gooey, ultimately ruining my entire manicure. Thanks to Seche Vite's superior self-leveling formula, it dried into a beautiful and smooth shine. Phew!

Do you have a tip for getting use out of the last millilitres of polish at the bottom of the bottle? Please share them with me in the comments below!

Thanks for stopping by,
yvrfrugalista

No comments:

Post a Comment